Depression Awareness Week 2016
Don’t keep depression under your hat
Our annual Depression Awareness Week is taking place this year between 18 – 24 April and is going to be our biggest year ever!
We need YOUR help to get rid of mental health stigma, get people talking about depression and raise vital funds to allow Friends in Need to keep growing and helping more people through their recovery.
Friends in Need is a supportive community for people affected by depression. Bringing people together who have similar experiences can make people happier and can be a really important factor in recovery.
Help by organising an event in your workplace, university or community centre, or hold a hat themed meet up. We've put together helpful tips and advice in the downloads below.
100% of the money raised during Depression Awareness Week will go towards Friends in Need so please, pull on a hat, get fundraising and get talking.
- Fundraising / Awareness Pack - everything you need to know about putting on your event
- A4 Posters - advertise your event using the space at the bottom of this poster
- A5 Flyers - download this handy flyer to give out at your event to let people know about Depression Awareness Week
- Five Ways to Wellbeing Challenge - make your event fun and educational by trying out this fun interactive game
- Facts and Figures - information for the press and public on depression (coming soon - embargoed until Tues 19th)
We want to hear about your event!
Email us with your event details and we’ll help you advertise on social media. Please get in touch with us at: DAW@depressionalliance.org
And don’t forget to include:
The date of your event, the time, the name of the business or location, how people can join in, a contact name and number, does your event have a hat theme?