The Friends in Need Project
We know from what our members have told us over the years, that it is the loneliness and isolation that depression brings that make recovery so much harder to maintain. We know that there are people coming to use our services who haven't found enough support, or the right type of support, and that's why we are delighted this year to be able to change that with your help!
- Would you like to connect with local people who really understand what it is like to live with depression?
- Would it help you to know that at any time of the day there will be people online that know what you're going through because they have been there too?
- Could you help others with depression by sharing your experiences and providing a listening ear?
- Would you like to meet like-minded people from your area, your industry or your age group just to talk, walk or hang out over a coffee?
- Are you up for taking on a new challenge, holding an event or running activities that will help others and support charity?
- Would you like to help break the stigma that comes with depression by sharing your experiences with decision makers, the media and employers?
If the answer is yes to any of these then our Friends in Need network is for you!
The first step to growing the Friends in Need network will be to create a new website which will be its online hub. The site will provide an opportunity for people to chat online but also show them the ways that they can meet people, talk, take part in activities and attend events where they live or where they work. For many people who are looking for support this will be the first port of call and so it is incredibly important that we get it right!
We'd really appreciate it if you could give a few minutes of your time to answer a simple questionnaire to help us start on the right track in designing the website.
It is completely confidential and you need only leave your name and e-mail if you would like to help us with testing the site as we build it!
Take part in the questionnaire online here!
Depression Alliance depends on donations to continue its vital work. To show your support please CLICK HERE to Donate using our secure donation page.